iPad Updating an ipad 3 to ios8... Any issues in performance?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Andy7, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Andy7 macrumors newbie

I have an ipad 3 running ios 7.1.2. I initially avoided downloading ios8 after reports of poor performance on the ipad 3. But there are many apps (some that I had already purchased) that now require 8, which is tempting me to switch over. Is it worth it? I have not experienced any problems with my ipad running ios7, but after hearing stories of a drop in performance with 8, I still worry how my device will respond to 8.4.1. Has anyone else experienced issues/hangups with the upgrade?

2. imlovinit macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Personally, I was having performance issues (namely, safarri crashing , slower loading, and sometimes apps freezing) on my iPad 3 on 7.1. Never wanted to update it bc I didn't want to risk my chance of further issues with a heavier 8.0....that and I had a jailbreak I was satisfied with. Anyways, I upgraded to an Air 2 and gave the iPad 3 to my sister who wanted the full update to 8.4 & in the end she has seen no performance issues I was having and saw an increase in speed.

3. OSMac macrumors 65816

I had endless Safari crashing problems with iOS 7 on a iPad 4. I recently moved all pictures and videos to my PC and updated to 8.4.1. It has not crashed since. Only minor difference is at times my long favorites list will be choppy when scrolled.

I am glad to have updated before 9 comes out and 8 is no longer available.

4. mickeydean macrumors 6502

5. bransoj macrumors 6502a

Run 8.4.1 on my iPad 3 and no major issues at all.