Updating Apps overseas roaming: possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by decafjava, May 9, 2011.

1. decafjava macrumors 68000

decafjava

I am just curious-if I were to trravel overseas with my iphone would it be possible to update my apps? Reason I ask is because while I would turn data roaming off, it should be possible to login to the apps store in a post with public wifi right? Even if I am in a different itunes store than my home one I would not be buying apps just updating them?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

As long as you are on WiFi, you will be able to do this. It doesn't matter what iTunes store your account is registered from, as you'll be re-directed back into it. (If you're not already in it)

4. bbmiLo macrumors regular

Yes you can do so while on Wifi. However, sometimes I am not able to connect to app store or download/update certain apps when being outside of USA, if I use a VPN then I can.

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

A slightly different opinion, when I travel I don't update anything. My reasoning is the thing 100% works now and if I update an app and it doesn't go well I am quite far from my computer with itunes on it. Some of those apps like tomtom are so big they will never update on a hotel wifi connection and I would be so SOL without navigation in a strange city.