Updating apps pisses me off

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sh0ckerturb0, Sep 11, 2008.

1. sh0ckerturb0 macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

this updating apps ******** is getting annoying as hell. first they take away the update all option. and why is it every time i update an application the entire phone becomes unusable for 20 minutes and usually ends up freezing and needs a hard restart. i cant even listen to music while the damn thing is trying to install/update an application. sorry i just had to rant for a minute

2. firstapple macrumors 6502a

firstapple

How about you just wait until tomorrow when the update comes out? This is supposed to fix updating issues and crashes, etc...

3. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Hang on until tomorrow. :)

iPod Touch users have noticed that their applications on 2.1 installed as quick as if you just restored and that's the first application.

So it should be the same for the iPhone considering the firmwares are identical (I know about the phone part...so that means that it's possible the phone part gets rofld...but if the stuff that was shown fixed for iPod Touch users don't appear...then that's odd)

4. Jeremy W macrumors regular

Does the 2.1 software on the iPod Touch leave the icons in the same place when an app gets updated? It's so annoying having to move an icon back to it's spot after an update.

5. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

according to reports from Touch owners who have upgraded, yes, it stops moving the icons after an update.

6. sh0ckerturb0 thread starter macrumors member

sh0ckerturb0

i hope it fixes this problem i have been annoyed a few times but tonight i couldnt handle it anymore and i just had to bitch and moan a bit about it :)

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

You forgot to rant about how after upgrading the apps don't remember your old preferences. :mad:

8. speakerwizard macrumors 68000

speakerwizard

Have you seen the option on the bottom of itunes 8 that allows you to update all apps?