iPad Updating Apps Through The App Store

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by godcandy, Aug 2, 2012.

1. godcandy macrumors member

This morning I noticed that some of my apps are in need of updates. When I go to the update section of the app store it is blank. Tried a reboot and still get the same. Tried on multiple wifi networks and get the same. Is this a known glitch??

Also I went to news stand to look at purchasing a few magazines as I am taking a trip in a few weeks. It shows the listings of magazines but does not download the cover images.

Other than that I do like ios 6 so far. The new maps are quite nice. Having Siri is fun sometimes though I keep forgetting its there. I love the Do Not Disturb function. I get e-mails all night long and the fact that it will turn off the sound during the night is awesome. Expecially on my iPad. I havent installed 6.0 on the phone yet because it is my primary telephone and I didn't want to take a chance with beta software but I hope the features will work as well on it as on the iPad.

Anyway... Any thoughts would be nice.

2. Tompa290 macrumors newbie

Have the exact same problem

3. Magnum Opus macrumors regular

same here too

4. davwil macrumors newbie

There is an echo in here. Me to.

Perhaps Apple have changed something for iOS 6 beta 4?

Cheers David

5. nickharris1992 macrumors member

nickharris1992

I had this problem but when i updated to beta 3 it fixed it

6. Lukkee24 macrumors 6502a

Just noticed this when I went on to updates (on iPad 2), hope it's fixed soon.

7. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Odd

I just tried to update the Target app and it worked as normal. I haven't had any issues with the App Store or iTunes yet, though... I set up as new phone if this matters..

8. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

Getting the same issue here too. Didn't have this when beta 3 was added, and I just noticed this today.

9. Dima470 macrumors regular

Dima470

Same, hopefully apple will fix it wothout having to wait for the new beta.

10. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

seems to be fixed...was able to download apps.... :)

11. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

Same problem here.

The new App Store in general is a nightmare. Slow, buggy, inconsistent. I'm sure it will be improved before iOS 6 is officially released though.

12. palmerized macrumors regular

Having the same problem. Some odd App Store issues. But ya, the update screen isn't loading. Icon says there are 12 updates but the screen is blank. Seems to have happened today...

13. stang06 macrumors newbie

14. godcandy thread starter macrumors member

I was under the impression that the store was going through a bit of a renivation with IOS 6.0 as well. This could be a glitch due to that. Sending users of 6.0 to the new store that does not have all the bugs worked out. I was just curious if this was my problem or a widespread thing.

Also for those that are complaining you should be running the 6.0 beta on a development device anyway. There is not a chance I would dump this on my iPhone where I might actually need to use it for something critical. Not that my iPad is any less critical but if I cant do updates for a while its mostly just annoying.

15. davwil macrumors newbie

Just got prompted for my Apple ID password and it seems to of fixed the update bug.

I didn't change anything something must of been tweaked by apple.

Cheers David

16. The-Barron macrumors member

The-Barron

Just restarted my iPad and the update section of the App Store is now working again :D

17. meget macrumors member

Same problem unfortunately on the new iPad. :(((((

Hmm miraculously when i used a different Wifi it upgraded all. Very strange.