Updating billing info (for the 10th or so time)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by teCma2, Apr 12, 2011.

1. teCma2 macrumors newbie

Hey forum,

After searching everywhere on the internet I couldn't find a solution on my problem.

I've been downloading apps for a long time and have updated my billing info accordingly. But now something strange happens...

On the mac app store, I first time in my apple id and password, it then asks me to type it in again to access the "update billing info" page. But when I press that second time it doesn't do anything besides closing down the pop-up and showing me the app info page???

I then try to do it on my iPod touch, which does almost the same. Here I can go and type in my security code at least.. I update the info and press "Done" It then says: "Tap continue to sign in, then update your billing info" - THERE IS NO CONTINUE Button? This is driving me crazy :eek:

Thanks in advance!

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

When I run into a gimped situation like the one you are facing, I go to the desktop to use whatever service is giving me the trouble. In the case of iTunes, I would try "buying" something on iTunes on the desktop even if it is free just so you get to the "billing info" hurdle and get past it. Then it should go away on any mobile device where you are trying to use the same service. iTunes isn't the only multi-platform service that has broken implementations on some devices. Other examples include Netflix, Verizon and At&t mobile account management apps. A lot of sites don't work properly in mobile safari on iPod touch, iPad or both. The list goes on. Today it seems developers really don't want to bother testing things on more than one browser or platform. It's particularly annoying when I need to finish a task on a mobile device and I have to give up and come back with a "real browser on a real computer".

3. teCma2 thread starter macrumors newbie

If I get what u want me to try it doesnt work :)

I tried:

1. Open iTunes on computer and buy a song. Enter apple ID to get to update page and type in info. press done.

2. open appstore on iPod touch, buy app - same happens -.-

Remember that it also happens on appstore :O it doesn't even open a dialog box or anything when I press the "billing info" button ???

Has never happened before

Help still needed.

Thanks in advance..

4. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

So you are saying...

1. Open iTunes and buy something (even if its free),
    ..get billing info page
    ..complete billing info page
    ..successfully complete purchase, billing page and all

2. Open app store on iPod Touch and still have billing page problem.

or are you saying this...

1. Open iTunes and buy something (even if its free),
    never get asked about billing
    successfully complete purchase

2. Open app store on iPod Touch and still have billing page problem

In either case, calling AppleCare is worth a try even if your iPod is over a year old. After all you are trying to figure out how to give Apple more of your money and they are always eager to help you give them more money.

5. teCma2 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well the thing is. When I try to buy something on the MAC APP STORE this happens:

1. I type apple id and password

2. dialog box about me typing it in again and the "purchase" button has changed to "billing info".

3.I type it in again and press billing info - then it just goes back to the app info page. IT IS NOT DOWNLOADED.

And when I try on my iPod this happens:

1. I open app store and purchase app. Asks for password.

2. I enter password and the app icon shows on my mainscreen. Dialog box pops up: Verification REquired Before you can make purchases, you must tap Continue to sign in then verify your payment info.

3. I press continue.

4.Window comes up where I update my billing info.

5. I press "Done" button in top

6. It says in red: Tap continue to sign in, then update your billing info.

THERE IS NO CONTINUE BUTTON!

YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED ALOT!!!