iPad Updating Cellular Data Number

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
How do I update the Cellular Data Number on my iPad? Can this be done somewhere in iTunes?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Why would you want to change that number? As far as I know, that is assigned by your carrier for their data keeping purposes, and there isn't anything the user can do with it. If for some reason you want to change it, you'll have to talk to your carrier. iTunes doesn't have anything to do with it.

RevTEG

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2012
San Jose, Ca
I'm not sure why you would need to update the carrier number. None of our apps use that number. Even iMessages using your email or your iPhone phone number.. That's if you have an iPhone. I've own several iPads since iPad 1 and never needed my iPads carrier number.

Can you tell us why you would need it changed? That might help us understand more and help you out.

Geffen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Michigan
I'm not sure why you would need to update the carrier number. None of our apps use that number. Even iMessages using your email or your iPhone phone number.. That's if you have an iPhone. I've own several iPads since iPad 1 and never needed my iPads carrier number.

Can you tell us why you would need it changed? That might help us understand more and help you out.
The phone number is an old cell phone number and not used, I suppose i could just get a new sim card and see if it will update the setting.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
The phone number is an old cell phone number and not used, I suppose i could just get a new sim card and see if it will update the setting.
Again, I don't understand why you would want to change the number -- it's not like the iPad can use that number to receive phone calls or something.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
the number is likely tied to the SIM card, just like in a phone. a new SIM should solve the issue.