Updating Contacts?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cuechick, May 26, 2014.

1. Cuechick macrumors 6502

Cuechick

Hi,
    I am trying to create a new group for my phone... I created it on my MBP and then synced my phone to update... there was no option to sync contacts as there use to be. So I just clicked sync but it is not adding the new group?

Using iTunes 11.5.1

2. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

iTunes 11.5.1? The current version is 11.2.1

On the Mac using Mavericks, contact sync using iTunes was not available with OS X versions 10.9 through 10.9.2 (contact sync was only by iCloud). Version 10.9.3 returned the "Info" page of iTunes and again made contact sync using iTunes possible on a Mac. If you have OS X 10.9.3 and iTunes 11.2.1, have you checked the settings on the Info page of iTunes (after you connect your phone)?

3. Cuechick thread starter macrumors 6502

Cuechick

Thanks! Looks like in running 10.9.2 so I will try updating and see if that works.

4. Cuechick thread starter macrumors 6502

Cuechick

I did the update, got the info tab in iTunes but though I synced my contacts it did not add my new group! I tried it a few times... it has always synced before? I also tried the "advance" option, that says will replace all info on phone with the computer... still did not work.

I also don't see away to manually add a group to your phone, is there a way to do that?

5. FoxFifth macrumors 6502

There isn't a way to manually add a group to contacts directly on the phone. I sync contacts via iCloud and I don't have groups so can't give any personal experience but the following may help: http://support.apple.com/kb/ts2481