Updating drivers for MBP: Bootcamp Win7

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by crystalfoxzero, Jul 30, 2015.

1. crystalfoxzero macrumors newbie

crystalfoxzero

Hi I've just bought an older 2012 model Macbook Pro with integrated graphics as well as a dedicated NVIDIA card. I've loaded up Windows 7 via bootcamp and everything is running fine however several programs I have recommend a driver update with a message such as:

"[GPUIssuesCheck] Installed driver for graphics adapter 'NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M' is outdated.

You should update them for a better experience (http://www.geforce.com/drivers).

The currently installed version is 9.18.13.3228.

The recommended minimum version is 9.18.13.4448 (344.48 WHQL)."

Now I am a little wary to simply just go to NVIDIA and upgrade these drivers as I'm not sure if the system will take well to them or not or if I need to update specific bootcamp compatible ones somehow instead, or indeed if updating these from the basic ones I have as default is even possible.

I know with my Mac Pro which has the AMD dual cards I can use at least some of the regular drivers and got better results with games than the drivers recommended for bootcamp so I was wondering if anyone has experience / knows what is best to update to for my Mac Book Pro with the NVIDIA card that will work?

2. kepler20b macrumors 6502

trust me on this, i've learned the hard way especialyl when you're dealing with proprietary hardware and software.

if it's not broke, dont fix it.