Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Liverpudlian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
I've read several past posts that discuss upgrading from 10.5.8 but I have to admit, each seems over my head. While I'm comfortable with the system, what I've read doesn't seem too simple. I am at a point where I think I need to take it to a local shop to get done. For someone that is not adept at complicated software installation, is there an easier way?

I've recently gotten some software and a printer that won't run on anything under 10.6 and after getting several of these messages for a period of time, I think its time to update. I have new model MBPs but the iMac for the family is still running as it came out of the box. Any suggestions? Is there an easier install for basic users that what I've read? Thanks in advance.

DH

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
It really is very easy. Just but the Snow Leopard 10.6 installer DVD from Apple here then when it comes pop it in and follow the instructions.

You can upgrade over top of Leopard without erasing your data. Of course, backup first just to be safe.

Liverpudlian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 24, 2012
Thanks. I've opted to take it in as I had some other issues with the system as well. I appreciate the response though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.