General Updating from 5.1.1 to 6.1.2 possible or worth it?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by CrazyStranger, Aug 3, 2013.

1. CrazyStranger macrumors newbie

I have been chilling with 5.1.1 on my jailbroken ipod touch 4g for awhile now because I thought ios 6 would slow it down (and I was too lazy/busy to jailbreak it again), but after a bit of recent research I found that ios 6 might be faster. My Ipod has seemed like it has gotten slower and slower and I have so many cydia packages that I don't know where they all came from. I though it might be time for a restore. I have the shsh blobs for 6.0.1, 6.1, and 6.1.2, but ifaith says none of them will work. I'm almost sure the answer is no, but would there be any way to fix any of them? I really would like the unteathered jailbreak which isn't availible for 6.1.3.

I guess the ultimate question is: Would updating to ios 6 make my ipod run smoother or could I just restore with 5.1.1? I have saved all my blobs locally with tiny umbrella. I have never used shsh blobs before so any help would be apreciated.

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i would not recommend updating to 6.1.2 at all anyway. on the 4g. just stich the blobs with redsn0w, and restore.

3. CrazyStranger thread starter macrumors newbie

For what reason? Is iOS 6 slower?

4. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

If ifaith says they're incomplete, then it's not possible to update to 6.1.2

5. CrazyStranger thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thank you for confirming this. It was worth asking :(. Also, is it possible that once iOS 7 is released an unteathered jailbreak will be made that will also work for 1.6.3?

6. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Everything is possible. We do not know for sure.

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

Depends on the way the JB is setup but probably not as it takes a lot of effort to tailor it to a specific firmware.

8. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

It would be very, very unlikely any iOS7 jailbreak would be compatible with 6.1.3

9. CrazyStranger thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok guys, thanks for all the help. I guess I'll just do a restore and stay on 5.1.1.