Updating from iOS7 to iOS8.2

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by PamJoy, Oct 16, 2014.

1. PamJoy, Oct 16, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2014

PamJoy macrumors newbie

Please someone help me! I have both an iPad and an iPhone and haven't updated yet from iOS7 - for the simple reason that I didn't want to lose my Camera Roll (I have a ton of pictures and DO NOT want them all jumbled around.) I have read where Apple brought back the Camera Roll in iOS8.1 and now there is an update of iOS8.2. What will happen if I update now from iOS7 and have to go through 2 updates? Will it just skip to iOS8.2 and more importantly will my Camera Roll still be there after updating? I have never waited until there was more than 1 update to do and just don't know what happens when it makes more than 1 update. Can someone please answer this question for me? I have tried asking in another forum and have also asked some techie people I know, but so far haven't really gotten a good, solid answer. I thought maybe posting here, someone with knowledge about this would actually know. Thanks for any and all answers!

Update: I thank you-all for answering and clearing up my confusion about the iOS update numbers. I know that I read where the Camera Roll was brought back in iOS8.1, so it must be the update coming out on Monday. I guess I will wait to see what happens then. Can someone confirm what I read to be true - that the Camera Roll WILL be brought back in iOS8.1? Yes I know I can save my pictures on my computer (which I do when I back-up) or I can save to the Cloud (which I DON'T want to do). However, I just want my pictures (and my Camera Roll) to stay just as they are. Thanks again.

2. Paddle1 macrumors 68040

That middle 0 is not ignorable, 8.0.2 is older than 8.1 and does not have Camera Roll. Wait until Monday.

3. Xiph0s macrumors regular

You're all mixed up.

8.1 is coming out Monday
    8.0.2 is the one that is out now
    8.2 is coming out in a couple of months probably.

If theres more than one update it will just update you right to the newest one. So on Monday and afterwards when 8.1 is released it move you directly to 8.1

4. mike123456 macrumors newbie

update your device doesn't delete your photos so you can update to any version you'd like. but just for extra safety you should back up your data.

5. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

You can skip updates.

I wouldn't update to 8.0.2 if you are concerned about your Camera Roll. I would wait to see how 8.1 turns out.