Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andyjamesnelson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
Jacob's house
Hey I have heard that one can update the graphics on the white Mac Books GMA X3100.

Please can someone let me know how and what sort of improvements the update makes.

Thanks for your time. Andy

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
The hardware cannot be upgraded and you should have the latest OS X drivers if you don't have any more software updates to complete.

andyjamesnelson

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2003
Jacob's house
I didn't mean the hardware as such. Some people are saying that there is a beta driver for the GMA X3100 - I was wondering how to get hold of this?

Andy

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I didn't mean the hardware as such. Some people are saying that there is a beta driver for the GMA X3100 - I was wondering how to get hold of this?

Andy

Unfortunately, new GMA X3100 drivers are for Windows XP and Vista only. I just installed the latest driver for my WinXP partition. The new driver is great, much faster than the one provided in the Leopard DVD. Hopefully, Intel will publish new drivers for OS X.

Regards.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Unfortunately, new GMA X3100 drivers are for Windows XP and Vista only.

Hi, do you have a link to these drivers, I have only recently installed Windows and could do with the better graphics. Cheers:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.