Updating iCal without having to run the program

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by rage1979, Jan 31, 2008.

1. rage1979 macrumors newbie

I got my macbook pro yesterday, and so far it is great.

I am just getting it all set up how I would like it, but am having one issue so far. I have done some searching, and haven't come up with a solution, and so I am seeing if someone has the answers.

I have iCal setup up and synced with google calendar because my wife and I are always adding things to the calendar but need to see what each other has added from separate locations at an instant.

iCal is set to update every 15 in some instances, but only does so if running.

I am using the iCal events 2.3 widget on the macbook pro, and would like to find a way that when i look at the events list, it will be up to date with the google calendar. If i run iCal, it updates and the the widget is updated. Is there a way to make the widget either run the program for 20 seconds so it can update or some other idea??

Thanks

Rob

2. motulist macrumors 68040

motulist

Why don't you just keep iCal running all the time? It consumes very little system resources. I have it set up full screen in its own space, so it doesn't even clutter my main work space while it's running in the background space.