Updating iLife 08 to iLife 09

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by krayziekray, Aug 29, 2009.

1. krayziekray macrumors 6502

Ok so I recently purchased a macbook pro and recieved it wil Snow Leopard and iLife 09 preinstalled. For my previous macbook I ordered and am currently in the process of installing Snow Leopard. My quyestion is, can I install iLife 09 that i recieved with my new macbook pro onto my older macbook (which came with iLife 08) without it becoming considered as illegal. I will however, be running the software on both laptops simutaniously at times.
    Can I just instert my install disc into my macbook and install it from there, or is there some sort of serial number that needs to be sent to Apple to get it activated.

Thanks in advance.

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple:

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

It is illegal to do that. You are essentially copying the software that came with one system, and putting it on another, you haven't paid for 2 copies of the software, only 1.

Buy a retail copy of iLife 09 if you have morals :p

3. krayziekray thread starter macrumors 6502

Ofcourse, thats the reason I asked. I didn't want to do it until i was sure.

If apple trust us by not putting any activation keys or anyway to track if your copy is legit, I am not going to screw them over. Trust is a two way street.

Cheers,

:apple: KrayzieKray :apple: