Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kuray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
I bought rMBP, I haven't used iPhoto or iMovie since now. I wanted to update it from Mac App Store but it gives me that error.

I have 2 different Apple ID's and I tried with both of them but still same error.

PUnmx.png

I didn't download those things from Mac App Store, they were installed as usual.

What should I do now?

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
Someone with more experience may come along, but here's a guess in the meantime.

First, when you log in to the Mac app store, does either account show you owning mountain lion? If not, then is there a 3rd apple id that you set up when you got your MBP and that you use to log in to your MBP, if only to give admin perm?

Kuray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2010
Someone with more experience may come along, but here's a guess in the meantime.

First, when you log in to the Mac app store, does either account show you owning mountain lion? If not, then is there a 3rd apple id that you set up when you got your MBP and that you use to log in to your MBP, if only to give admin perm?

I called AppleCare and they couldn't figured out in 40 minutes then they sent me redeem codes

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
I called AppleCare and they couldn't figured out in 40 minutes then they sent me redeem codes

Even better than my ideas. I must remember that I can call AppleCare about issues like this - not just to help with disasters.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.