updating iphone to iOS5

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by spacecadet1968, Nov 2, 2011.

1. spacecadet1968 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Not sure if this question has been asked, but will updating to iOS5 delete my apps, music, and contacts? My apps are synched with iTunes, the music I can reload, but I'm not sure I synched my contacts correctly. Is there any place on iTunes where you can see your contacts?

Thanks,
    Michael

2. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

I know that if you are a windows user, you can sync with Windows Contacts via iTunes, and those are view-able through C:/Users/Yourusernamehere/Contacts.

On the other hand though make sure you backup before updating.

3. Pedro Julio macrumors member

My contacts always seemed to sync with address book. I thought that was the default, but I suppose I could have changed a setting a long time ago and forgotten.

4. spacecadet1968 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I'm a Mac user. My apps seem like they're backed up, but I don't know about my contacts. I think I synched them with iTunes, but I'm not sure if I did it right.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Oh. Since I'm not a Mac User, I wouldn't know where to look if you sync your contacts locally. Once you get iOS 5 installed though you can merge them with iCloud.