Updating iPhone With JailBreak Installed

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AbsenceOfTruth, Nov 10, 2007.

1. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

Will it mess up my iPhone (which is not unlocked) or do I need to uninstall everything before I update it? Thanks!

2. Jasonbot macrumors 68020

Jasonbot

I think you'll need to revirginise install update and the wait for jailbreak 1.1.2 to come out. then it wont die. otherwise you'll brick it.

3. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

So it won't delete all the apps that i have installed onto my iphone with the update? So it will brick instead if I don't uninstall everything one by one? Because at this point I don't care if I lose everything except for my phone stuff. All I have installed is a bunch of themes, customize, lights off, and the NES app.

Thanks for the quick response.

4. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

Is the AppSnapp Installer considered Jailbreak because I got it from jailbreakme.com? I don't want anyone to get confused with something else... because all i have installed was the appsnapp from that website.

5. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

6. DopestGingah macrumors regular

If you restore it, then update, you should have no problems. I wouldn't do it with it JailBroken though.

7. AbsenceOfTruth thread starter macrumors regular

Great, thanks!