Updating iPhoto (iLife) from DVD version

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nick2k3, Oct 23, 2013.

1. nick2k3 macrumors newbie

Hello to everyone,
    I am been having problems updating the iLife suite. This morning I upgraded to 10.9, i had iLife and iWork installed on 10.8 (iLife '11 bought and installed from dvd) but when I completed the upgrade no iphoto (or imovie) update is shown.

I have tried several things read online:
    -logged out/in from Mac App Store
    -reset warnings in account panel
    -reinstalled the latest updates downloadable from the support site

and finally:
    -deleted iphoto and imovie ( i don't have garageband installed) and reinstalled from the dvd (so the version installed is very old ): now MAS does not even show the update to the latest version I used to have (9.4.3)

Any hint on how to solve this situation?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....if you'd have taken the couple minutes to search the forum or even look at the articles on the home page and blog, you'd have seen that it's an issue affecting many.

Simple solution until Apple works out the kinks - create a new user account, log in and run software update from the Apple Menu....done...worked for me and countless others....oh yeah!

3. nick2k3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your answer,
    I know it has been treated before but seeing that all these method didn't work I thought I would open my own thread. (I know it's a poor excuse :D )

One last question: when you create a new admin account do you need to log in with your apple id? or do you just let it search for updates?