Updating iPod Touch to 5a347

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by luckylefty01, Jul 18, 2008.

1. luckylefty01 macrumors member

I had the free dev version of 5a345 on my ipod touch and was having to issues so I decided to go ahead and buy the final release on the store. The catch is that now that I've paid for the damn thing I can't figure out how to download it? If I try to restore my iPod from in iTunes I get a

"There was a problem downloading the iPod software for the iPod "iPod. The requested resource was not found."

message.

Can somebody please help me?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Go into MacintoshHD/Users/*Your User Name*/Library/iTunes/iPod Software Updates and drag the .ipsw file associated with 345 onto the desktop.

Once it's there, do a restore.

3. luckylefty01 thread starter macrumors member

I don't have such a folder. I updated to 5a345 through the Xcode organizer.

4. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well then I have absolutely no idea. Never heard of an iPod software update being done through Xcode.

5. luckylefty01 thread starter macrumors member

Well, as somebody with a dev certificate I have the version that apple released only for developers a couple of weeks (thus the install through Xcode). I'm suspecting that that may be the issue, but I can't make it download the new version to update to as it just says 5a345 is the current one in iTunes.

Thank you for trying to help though, I do appreciate it.

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Have a hunt through your system for .ipsw files and see what turns up.

7. luckylefty01 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I've already got the 5a345 and 5a341 ipsw files floating around, I've even restored from them once just to see if that would work. What I'm trying to do is figure out how to get the 5a347 update, which I'm having absolutely no luck with.

8. Tyris macrumors newbie

download it off bit-torrent.

check out thepiratebay.org

-T

9. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Not completely sure but I think that if you right click on your iPod in the devices tab of iTunes and click "Check for Purchases" then maybe that would re-download and install the update.

Best of luck,
    Ace:apple: