Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sdsvtdriver

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 31, 2008
Southern California
I have my iTunes library on my NAS to enable me to play music via my HTPC and sync via the mbp. Unfortunately, after iTunes 8.2 update, everytime I open iTunes after it had been opened previously by the other machine, it displays a window with "Updating iTunes Library". While annoying, it goes away rather quickly on the PC as it is connected to the NAS by gigabit, however on the mbp this is done over wireless and takes an extremely long time.

Anyone have any similar issues with a solution? So far, adding a few songs to the iPhone has taken over an hour. :mad:

bw02

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
I get this too, I've got over a large iTunes library on my NAS and it takes forever after an iTunes update. I only have it on my Mac, but it's wired attached over gigabit to the NAS, so I'm not sure why.

playsoutside

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2009
Same problem

I'm having the same issue. I'm thinking of just copying the library file and pointing the PC to the copy. I know that I won't be able to have update the library from the PC that way, but it is better than waiting over an 2 hours every time I switch between the PC and Mac. My library is over 120 gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.