Updating iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by uvitor, Aug 29, 2011.

1. uvitor macrumors member

Hi fellows

i unistalled itunes 10.4 for testing purposes. Installed 10.3.1 and reversed again to 10.4. Now, the itunes update (10.4.1) doesn't show up for me in Software Update.
    What file is screwed up?Im not willing to reinstall Lion just because that.
    Thanks.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Can you download and install 10.4.1 from here? No need to reinstall Lion from what I see...

3. uvitor thread starter macrumors member

Sure, but the problem is that i will never get iTunes updates in the future from Software Update anymore. I suppose that there is some file to delete or edit that reset software update check.
    Thanks anyway.

4. Dream Loader macrumors newbie

You're saying that software update is not checking properly for updates, since it's missing some updates?
    You can try creating a new location in System Preferences -> Network.
    Or
    You can try deleting the software update plist file from /Library/Preferences/com.apple.softwareupdate.plist
    but makes sure to make a backup of that plist in case something happens.

- Dr3am

5. Brandon0448 macrumors 6502

Brandon0448

I highly doubt that there is some file that is screwed up considering Apple doesn't let you mess with the important system files by default. Open iTunes and pull down the iTunes menu from the status bar and choose check for updates from there. If that doesn't work then a reinstall of iTunes should fix any problems that are there.

6. uvitor, Aug 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2011

uvitor thread starter macrumors member

I will try that.

When i do that, iTunes find the update, then i click to update and SOFTWARE UPDATE show up nothing.
    Reinstall iTunes i think that won't help because i already did that when i uninstalled 10.4 and installed 10.3 and reverted to 10.4.

Thanks.