Updating Jailbreak is good enough?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by TheShinyMac, Sep 11, 2010.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

Hey there!

I just updated my iPhone 3Gs to iOS 4.1. It was jailbroken on iOS 4.01. Did this update remove ALL traces of the previous jailbreak? I have a Genius Bar Appointment later on this week and I don't want them to try and find out if it was. They probably will because I am only 15:(
    Yes I tried Mroogle

2. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

Did you know that jailbreaking is legal in the U.S.A now? It's a law that has been passed.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, as long as you didnt restore from backup thru itunes after the update.

4. thor79 macrumors 6502

thor79

That doesn't affect Apple's warranty in the slightest...they can still refuse warranty service if you have a jailbroken phone. It just means they can't sue you for jailbreaking your phone...not that they ever did sue anyone for doing so.

Applying the 4.1 update wipes out your jailbreak completely. If you restore from backup in iTunes all it does is restore what iTunes knows about, so it won't restore stuff you loaded with Cydia.

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

This isn't totally true. While restoring from backup won't restore your jb apps, there will be jb remnants on your phone. Best thing to do is set up your phone as new for now and then restore from backup when you get back home with your phone after going to the genius bar.

6. psywzrd macrumors 68030

Forgot to add that the OP should do a DFU restore too