Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

redhawk87

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 11, 2009
Raleigh, NC
so this might be a stupid question but I cant seem to figure out how to upgrade to mac os 10.8.1 from 10.8. I went and clicked on "software update..." from the apple menu and it brought me to the updates section of the mac app store. Updating to mac os 10.8.1 was not listed. I then went to mac os mountain lion in the app store. The button says "download" instead of "update" (I assume it works the same as iOS and shows update when the app needs to be updated). I click download and I get a warning saying I am already running 10.8 and if I still want to download. When going to "about this mac" it says I am running mac os version 10.8 so I have not updated it yet.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
so this might be a stupid question but I cant seem to figure out how to upgrade to mac os 10.8.1 from 10.8. I went and clicked on "software update..." from the apple menu and it brought me to the updates section of the mac app store. Updating to mac os 10.8.1 was not listed. I then went to mac os mountain lion in the app store. The button says "download" instead of "update" (I assume it works the same as iOS and shows update when the app needs to be updated). I click download and I get a warning saying I am already running 10.8 and if I still want to download. When going to "about this mac" it says I am running mac os version 10.8 so I have not updated it yet.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5418

theres the manual download link

martosprint

macrumors 6502
Jun 1, 2010
Florida
I also checked software update this morning and all there was for an update for my printer and I knew 10.8.1 had been released. So I went into the macupdate site and downloaded it from there. I don't know why it didn't show when I checked software update......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.