updating mid 2011 graphics drivers windows 7 32-bit

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chris1184, Nov 2, 2011.

1. chris1184 macrumors regular

I don't know if its me or the search tool on this forum but I can't find the answer...(could be me typing in the wrong key words) anywho...so what exactly do i need to do, update them..i have the 2.7ghz mid 2011 iMac and i recently installed windows 7 on a 100gb partition...i want to update to the latest drivers so that i can play star wars: the old republic when it comes out, with the best possible graphics...do i just go on AMD's website and search for my card orrrr???? help me out i'm a noob to the whole bootcamp thing. Thank you!

2. spcdust macrumors 6502a

spcdust

This link should give you the latest Drivers and AMD's Catalyst Controller software for the AMD Radeon HD 6770M GPU.

Latest Driver for AMD Radeon HD 6770M GPU (Windows 7 32 Bit).

It's always worth uninstalling the current drivers in Windows before installing new ones to avoid conflicts, this article may be helpful:

How to uninstall pre-existing graphics card drivers from a Microsoft Windows based system.

As a belts and braces approach after the initial reboot after uninstalling the current drivers I also use this program to get rid of any remenants of GPU drivers (after running this program just do a second reboot prior to installing the new drivers):

Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Don't panic, the resolution of your screen will be be very low at this point as the computer is using a basic VGA display driver, once you've installed the new driver you'll be quickly back in business.

Let us know how you get on.

3. chris1184 thread starter macrumors regular

thank you so much! i'll try that later tonight and let u guys know how it went

4. chris1184 thread starter macrumors regular

so i followed ur directions and was able to install that driver onto my iMac....i won't be installing any games on it at the moment but ill def. try to get star wars the old republic

5. ldra02 macrumors newbie

I just made an attempt installing the BETA drivers, on a hunch that they might work. The download pulls the entire driver up front, and they do indeed install successfully on my mid 2011 21.5" iMac.

Remember to download the BETA drivers, folks! ;)