Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

StlSportsMed

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Is there an app or setting somewhere where i can update song/album info straight from my ipod. I have alot of songs on my ipod that do not have cover art and its a pain to itunes sync(only have 1 usb port on this old work horse, and its not usb 2.0)

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
tarnations...........someone should make this.........i would buy it lol

Well, obviously, Apple isn't about to let an app like that into the app store, so if anyone did write an app to do this, it would be for jailbroken ipods. And even if somebody did write an app to modify the music info on the ipod itself, I don't see how to copy that back to the computer, as iTunes doesn't allow music to be copied from an ipod to a computer, only computer to ipod. So basically, to do this, you need to write two programs -- one to run on the ipod to modify info, and one to run on the computer to copy the music back to the computer. That's quite an undertaking for something with a limited market (as it'll only work on jailbroken ipods), so I don't see anyone writing this anytime soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.