Updating my blog at internet Kiosk??

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by otisandoscar, Mar 27, 2009.

1. otisandoscar macrumors newbie

I will be traveling in Ethiopia for the entire month of April. I will have my Macbook with me, however, it will be very rare that I will be able to access the internet with it.

I was hoping to be able to update my blog while I am traveling, it's hosted through me.com and I have a moblieme account. Would it be possible for me to write my post offline using iweb, save the post to a thumbdrive and upload it to idisk at a kiosk/internet cafe?

Otherwise, any thoughts about how I could do blog updates while I'm abroad.

Also, by chance, does anyone know if the .me websites are blocked in Ethiopia? I know blogger is.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

You can do iWeb updates fine, but publishing just the entry by saving it to a thumb drive would probably require re-publishing the whole blog rather than that one entry.

If you took this option, blog comments would not work as this is a feature only accessible through the direct publish option.

I'd recommend you to make any changes you need to when you can (offline), then get your MacBook online and click publish. That would be the best way of going about it, and as long as you were connected to the internet and weren't uploading huge photos, it'd probably upload fairly speedily.