updating photo library...??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kimb, Jun 29, 2010.

1. kimb macrumors newbie

I went to look in the photos library today on my iPhone 4 and recieved this message...

...shortly after it was done refreshing itself i looked and was missing all the photos i took on the iphone since i got it leave my preexisting photos in my library. Anyone know how to get them back since my previous sync.

I attampted to sync it and nothing happened.. Also rebooted the phone.:mad:

Attached Files:

2. iforget macrumors newbie

I just had this same problem. This seems like a MAJOR bug (major has nothing to do with common--it just is very problematic).

3. stuartwhite macrumors newbie

I just had this happen to me as well. It happened before about a month ago, but I had thankfully just synced and done a backup to my computer so was able to restore them. However, this time round I have lost a whole load of photos I only took yesterday that I hadn't got round to downloading/syncing/backing up yet.

All I did was open the Photos app, and I was presented with the "updating photo library" screen. Then after this had finished, all my photos from the last 6 weeks have vanished from the Camera Roll.

Interestingly though, they don't seem to have actually been removed from the iPhone, as if I open up the Photos app and switch to the Places feature, the photos are still shown on the map, and can still be opened up and viewed. So they appear to still be on the iPhone, just no longer in the Camera Roll library. :confused:

Using Places, I can select the photos and Email them to myself in order to get a backup of them, but its really frustrating that they have just completely disappeared from the Camera Roll. :mad:

Anyone know why this randomly happens, and how to get the photos back in the Camera Roll.

4. Ausink macrumors newbie

Ausink

i have a problem with my new iphone4 pictures not appearing in the folder after syncing from my mac....but i can get them up if i reboot the phone, anyone else experience this? never had this happen with my 3g.