Updating software on 2tb time capsule

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mbdj, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Mbdj macrumors newbie

Hi how do I update the software on my apple time capsule it is connected to my new imac when I open airport express it always checked for updates on my windows computer but it does not do this on the imac?

2. Macman45, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013

Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

First thing is to check software updates from the little Apple icon, top left on your Mac's screen.

Once you have done that, open up the airport utility from your applications folder. You should see a little red (1) symbol next to your TC, click on it to perform the update...It takes a while, and your TC will re-start in order to complete the update...Be patient it takes a little while to do.

3. Mbdj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks will give that a try could it be that I have not loaded the cd software onto the imac it was installed on my windows pc?

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No, the TC backup is a little fiddly, it's really just a case of knowing that you have to update it from the Aiport utility on the Mac....once you know that, you will be able to do it next time...it's a pretty rare occurrence to be honest, I can't remember the last one we had, so not something that happens a lot.