Updating the Facebook app made the iPhone smoother.

DBZmusicboy01

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 30, 2011
Everything is faster opening up other apps and even typing is faster as well. It seem like the old Facebook app took up WAY too much ram.
Also to save photos on the Facebook app. It's the same way as saving photos on safari.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
I guess u spend most of your time on Facebook app. So a difference in the app has made your iPhone experience faster.

I cant see any difference in general iPhone usage.. But yes Facebook is awesome now..

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I guess u spend most of your time on Facebook app. So a difference in the app has made your iPhone experience faster.

I cant see any difference in general iPhone usage.. But yes Facebook is awesome now..
This. I think you are experiencing a placebo

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
The new Facebook app is awesome. Its fast, it has more features (can leave a conversation from the app don't need to go to a computer anymore), it loads better, in conversations you can see who else has seen the message, etc etc. Much needed upgrade. But only the app feels faster, the rest of my phone feels the same.

animatedude

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2010
The new app is the best thing Facebook done since its launch, it's blazingly fast.

But why didn't they wait till next month to launch it during the Apple event? I bet Facebook decided against it.