updating to 10.7.2

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Killaz045, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Killaz045 macrumors newbie

im updating the lion recovery update and 10.7.2 update and its going really slow.. is anyone having these issues on there MacBooks

2. Choorel macrumors newbie

Same problem here!!

I am having the same problem. I am averaging only 50k. Says it's going to take 2 hours!! I still have to download ios5!! I've been waiting all day to get this done and now I have to wait all night. I hope it speeds up.

3. Killaz045 thread starter macrumors newbie

i have 4 hrs left.. only 306 mb of 888 is done..

4. mwhities, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

mwhities macrumors 6502a

Almost any software that you download (Most likely Lion and iOS5) is going to be slow for the next few days, if not week. Apple's servers are being hammered right now. Literally millions of people are trying to do the samething.

I'll be waiting a few weeks before I try it.

EDIT: Well, I decided to go ahead and get Lion. It's downloading pretty quick. So today might be okay to try to get it.

Attached Files:

5. WinkyMacRumors macrumors newbie

Safe mode is da ******

I have got call about this issue. The solution that worked then:

Shut down the computer. Hook in an Ethernet cable (no Wi-Fi :)). Boot the computer and hold down Shift (the key with an white arrow on, on the second row). That makes your computer boot into Safe Mode. You will need your password.

When you are in, click onto  and chose "software update". That will make the installation work more smoothly.

// Winky