Updating to 10.7.3

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pcgeek12345, Mar 13, 2012.

1. pcgeek12345 macrumors regular

I need to download XCode for school but I am stuck on 10.7.2, because of all the "no sound" issues that I have had with the 10.7.3 update. I wrote a blog post on the subject here. My machine is completely useless to me without sound; I make YouTube videos and edit in FCPX every day.

Do you guys think I should wait for 10.7.4 to come out, or try the 10.7.3 update again, or find another way to install xCode? Also, I would like to install the iPhoto update, which is only available with 10.7.3.

2. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

virtualize .3 on the .2 machine? So you can run them parallel and still use the latest Xcode?

Good luck with the sound issue.

There will be a .4 release. Not until mac book models get an update in the store.

3. spacesamurai macrumors member

spacesamurai

I too had various issues when updating from 10.7.2 to 10.7.3. A couple days after the problematic error, Apple released fixes for this. After applying them, the update went by smoothly and I have been able to develop in 10.7.3 Xcode with no issues.

After reading your blog, it is kind of hard to say. 10.7.3 has been out for a while now, so I would say they should have most of the bugs out by now. But it sure would be a drag to have to go back to the store to get it fixed again.

4. pcgeek12345 thread starter macrumors regular

Okay. I just ended up downloading an older version of xCode through my developer account.