Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Hello there peeps... I have an iPad 1 with jailbroken 4.2.1 (GreenPoison). I am trying to enable the mirroring so I added the display-mirror boolean but just realized that the OS is needs to be at least 4.3.1. So I downloaded the iPad1,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw and launched iTunes 10.6.1.7 selected my iPad from the DEVICE Held the SHIFT key and selected the iPad1,1_4.3.1_8G4_Restore.ipsw file. It tells me it will update to 4.3.1 then it unpacks (Shows bar on top) then I get an error message "The iPad "xxxxx" could not be updated. An unknown error occurred (3194)" What do I need to do to be able to update my iOS to 4.3.1 then jailbreak it again with Snow to get the mirror enabled via the Digital AV?? Thanks for all the help in advance!!

~DssHobby~
A hobby is a hobby but DSS is my HOBBY!!!

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
You need the SHSH saved for 4.3.1 to upgrade, that's why you're getting the errors. If you don't have those saved, the only option is iOS 5.1.1, the untethered jailbreak for that should be out soon.

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Oh wow... Ok I thought you only needed the SHSH for downgrade not an upgrade. Wasn't aware of the SHSH prior to jailbreaking my 4.2.1 but now saved them so I am assuming if I ever need to go back I will be able since now I saved my SHSH?? Is that correct???

PsstGreek

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2010
Tampa Bay
Yep, the SHSH are needed as well for updating to firmwares that Apple is no longer signing. Since the SHSH are save for your iPad, yes you can go back to that previous firmware if needed. They are saved locally on your computer and can only be used per device.

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
PsstGeek,

Ok so I researched and researched and I found how to revert my Ipad to non Jailbroken state iOS 4.2.1 using iFaith and the SHSH on the servers and creating a signed IPSW for my iPad. So if I do that it will revert my iPad to NON JAILBROKEN iOS 4.2.1. At that point can't I dump my SHSH then install the iOS 4.3.1?? Question is how would I do that or is it even possible? I know you mentioned the SHSH for 4.3.1 but how would I get that or reverting my iPad to non jailbroken SHSH and dumping the SHSH then can I somehow upgrade to 4.3.1??

Thanks for the help and info PsstGeek...
~DssHobby~

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
OK.. From reading and doing more research I guess upgrading to iOS 4.3.1 is not possible unless I have the SHSH for iOS 4.3.1. So it looks like only option to get mirroring working on my iPad 1 would be to upgrade to the current iOS and use the tethering method <Sigh> if I jailbreak. Damm all I want is mirroring to work and 4.2.1 doesn't do mirroring.. <sigh again> Am I understanding this correctly?? If I am... Dammmmm

~DssHobby~

Kyotoma

macrumors 68000
Nov 11, 2010
Carnegie and Ontario
Download TinyUmbrella, select your iPad, check the "Request SHSH from Cydia" box, and then hit Save SHSH. That should generate a list of iOS versions you can revert/upgrade to.

If you would please, post that list here and I'd be more than happy to guide you further.

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Ok launched TinyUmbrella and selected my ipad and i shows Ipad 4.3.5 (8L1)

DssHobby

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 24, 2012
Ok for those of you that don't want to upgrade to the latest OS (Which I don't cause I am cool with my current iOS) and you want to mirror you iPad via the Digital AV connector purchase DisplayOut from Cydia... On of the 2nd best app (Besides roqyBT4) :)

~DssHobby~

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.