Updating to iOS 8.0.2 crashed my iPhone 6 and caused a red screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vaultwit, Sep 27, 2014.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

I had 8.0 and skipped the original 8.0.1 update. Today, I decided to update it from 8.0 to 8.0.2. I plugged in my phone to iTunes, and updated. Afterwards, instead of finishing normally, I got a popup saying "Waiting for phone" or something to that effect. After a long time, I guess my phone never responded because iTunes said that an error had occurred and my phone needed to be restored. Then my phone gave a red screen. The phone then proceeded to restore, which set it back to factory settings.

Thank goodness I backed up before updating, so now I am in the process of restoring from back up. What happened to my phone?? Anyone else heard of this happening? I've never experienced this from updating the OS on my phone... I always do it via iTunes rather than OTA.

2. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

3. jwilson25 macrumors regular

jwilson25

My new 6 updated fine, but both my 5S and iPad Mini did something similar.

4. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

I also had a problem with my 6 when I did 8.0.2. I also had not done 8.0.1. First time this has ever happened in all the years I have done updates. My download was fine, extraction fine, but something happened at install. I also had to restore to factory. Copying over all of that stuff again was a pain, but everything seems to be working fine now. I was also glad to have both an iCloud and computer backup!