Updgrading Ram On Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by GekkoWarren, Aug 31, 2011.

1. GekkoWarren macrumors newbie

Im looking to upgrade the RAM on my macbook, It came with 2GBRam & I want to add 2 more GBs... My question are what are the best brands? I dont want to end up with a bad brand like the dozens off amazon that make faulty hardware. Also, what should I expect to pay? I bought my Macbook in 2007. 13" & Im still running 10.5

Thanks in advance for the help.

2. session101 macrumors regular

i would say get whatever is cheap, you aren't playing games so it won't make a difference, you could spend $40 on decent RAM or really spend $100 on the best RAM available...your choice

most people buy Crucial...just make sure both the sticks are matching (thats the most important part)

3. GekkoWarren thread starter macrumors newbie

What are some other good brands? & what do you mean by "both sticks" matching? do you mean both sticks being 1GB of Ram?

4. session101 macrumors regular

if you want 4GB of RAM in your macbook, i would go out and guy a 2x2GB kit, that way you have 2 new and matching sticks of RAM and you're good to go. i wouldn't use the 1GB stick after you upgrade

you can buy from Amazon if you want...I bought mine from NewEgg.com just because i want a good return policy and ive never had a problem from them
    also users buy from Crucial.com website too

5. BubbaJones macrumors regular

BubbaJones

I just did this last week. Bought the 4gb kit (2x2) from crucial for $25.

6. GekkoWarren thread starter macrumors newbie

I was wondering why Crucial has some ram sticks with the same capacity for two completley different prices? Like one 4gb (2x2) kit will be $25.... The other 4gb(2x2)kit will be $99.... Why?

7. session101 macrumors regular