Upgrade 1G iPod Touch to 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by fanboy94, Jun 16, 2009.

1. fanboy94 macrumors newbie

I have a 1st Generation iPod Touch with software 2.2.1. The fact that it has no speakers, therefore hindering it from using the voice notes & voice command features, made me wonder if it's worth upgrading to 3.0 software. That's why you guys are (hopefully) here. Suggestions?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Upgrade. No reason why not. Your device will run better. And the only device with Voice Command is the 3G S.

3. na1577 macrumors 6502a

I have a 1st Gen and 3.0... it's really not worth the $9.95. There are very few new features. All I'm going to say is, Google...

4. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

You can still get PUSH over wifi, in-game purchases, run apps that use the new SDK, etc. Worth it for sure. To me anyway. I have my 1G touch and 3G iPhone running it.

5. jmb667 macrumors regular

jmb667

I'd recommend the upgrade; before I got my 2nd Gen I upgrade my 1st Gen as soon as I was able. It's nice to have the new software features, even if the hardware doesn't have the "latest and greatest".

6. ckhskr macrumors newbie

I definitely think it is worth the upgrade and I'll be doing it to my first generation touch. Just for the landscape mode and copy and paste I feel it's worth it.

7. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

agreed. definitely not worth $10. now for the 2g i'd say it's worth $10 but definitely not for the 1g. Google is your friend.