Upgrade 3GS JB 3.1.3 to 4.0.1

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Jnardis, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Jnardis macrumors 6502a

I saw a ton of posts talking about downgrading from 4.0.2 to 4.0.1, but I currently have a JB 3gs with 3.1.3 and would like to upgrade the software to 4.0.1 so I can JB and sell on ebay. Does anyone have a step by step tutorial on how to upgrade to 4.0.1. My itunes only gives me the option to upgrade to 4.0.2.

2. macattack87 macrumors member

loll u def. deserve to hear that the search button is your friend

anyway its pretty easy to do, just make sure you have SHSH on file for 4.0.1, preferably threw cydia

then download the proper firmware off the internet (your going to have to google it )

set up your host files so that they point itunes to cydia's server rather than apple

then hold down option and click restore (shift if you r on windows)

select the 4.0.1 ipsw you downloaded earlier and thats it

3. Jnardis thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much. Worked like a charm. No I just have to jeep praying for jailbreakme.com to start working again. Lol.

4. picblanc macrumors newbie

need a help

hi Jnardis,

I have a problem similar to the question you showed in the post.

I would like to upload my firmware, I have a 3G(s) new bootrom, with 3.1.3 already JB through spirit and unlocked the BB via ultrasn0w andI have my SHSH saved on Cydia . As the 4.1 is already JB but not the BB, I would like to move from 3.1.3 to 4.0.1 and use Jailbreakme and ultrasn0w to get a free iphone again.

So I know I can do pointing the host to cydia and so on but do not work properly, and I think is a question of bad files or not right itunes version or whatever, so as i read in your post, seem like you made with success, so could you pls tell me step by step with all the details how to do it??

Thanks in advance,.... Vic