Upgrade Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FamiliaPhoto, Sep 28, 2011.

1. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I plan on getting a IP5 and want to obtain it through my son's line; he has an iPhone on our family plan. He will then get my IP4. Any recommendations on how to do this? Is it as simple as ordering the phone for his line and then using my micro SIM instead of his?

2. edk99 macrumors 6502a

it is called an upgrade swap. You upgrade the contract of one line (your son) but you use the phone on your line.

Your son would get a new SIM and data plan for his line if he doesn't already have an iPhone or data plan.

I did this last year. I ordered my phone through ATT and had it delivered to the store where I picked it up on release day and they took care of the upgrade swap.

3. Krayzie116, Sep 28, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2011

Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

4. FamiliaPhoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

5. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

With AT&T - Tablet Device Available for upgrade- Can I use that line to upgrade?

I'm with AT&T and have another line that has a Galaxy Tab on it. When I check the upgrade status on that phone number, it says I'm eligible for a full discount upgrade towards an iPhone. Can I just order the new iPhone on that line and then swap the SIM card with my current iPhone 4?

My current iPhone 4 is not due for an upgrade until mid-November and I would like to be able to get the new iPhone right away if possible.

Thoughts, please? Thanks!