Upgrade advice.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cifu, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Cifu macrumors newbie

I am a current AT&T customer and I really want to get the Iphone. My problem is I am not eligible for upgrade pricing for another 3.5 months. I was wondering if you guys had any tips or knowledge on getting in touch with either APPLE or AT&T for an early upgrade.

I lost my rzr and called AT&T in hopes they would offer me early upgrade pricing (great time to get an Iphone) but they seem to be interested more in losing a customer than giving you the early upgrade with a 2 year contract. (I have been a customer for 7 years) Anyway this might not be the right forum for this and I apologize in advance but you never know who can steer you in the right direction.

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If the reps on the phone aren't willing to help you, then your only recourse is to visit an AT&T store, and speak with a manager. A manager at a store has the authority to do what's called an Exception Upgrade, if you plead your case with them and they feel your pain.

They aren't obligated to make exceptions though, so if the answer is no, then it's no. But, if you have a low-value rate plan and are close to being out of contract, they might be motivated to lock you in to an iPhone plan.

3. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

If going to the store doesn't work (your local store might only have 1 or 2 managers and they might be grumpy) get back on the phone. Escalate your request to the highest tier CS rep possible. If they say no, hang up and call back and climb the ladder again. Lather, rinse, repeat. Eventually you should get a sympathetic rep. That's been my experience.