Upgrade another line with iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by adamvk, Oct 5, 2011.

1. adamvk macrumors 65816

adamvk

So I thought I'd post here since both Apple and AT&T are unhelpful. I want to upgrade to an iPhone 4S. However my upgrade is in April. I'm part of a family plan though and she has an upgrade but doesn't want it, so I'm taking it. Now, if I just upgrade her to the iPhone 4S, can I myself swap the SIM cards? Or do I need AT&T/Apple to do it? Basically can I take her iPhone upgrade?

2. Kaenon macrumors regular

Idk about AT&T, but with Verizon, the account holder can just transfer the early upgrade to another line without affecting the cell # or SIM card.

3. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Hmm. I don't think AT&T can do that, but I'll check. Verizon normally seems to be more flexible than AT&T. Thanks for the reply though!!

Anyone else?

4. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Also, I realized that the iPhone takes Micro-SIM cards, and my current phone is regular SIM cards. Would AT&T just allow me to change cards?

5. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

6. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

Awesome, thank you very much for the link. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering one tomorrow then. :)

7. adamvk thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

So just trying to clarify, I need to call AT&T then? I already preordered it, it should be here Friday. :)

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Yes, if you want to swap you need to call AT&T.

If you just placed your pre-order it will most likely not arrive Friday as they are backordered 1-2 weeks at this point. The only way to get one Friday is to camp at a store. (or if you are lucky enough to be in a less Apple-crazed town you can drop by late afternoon in hopes that all lines have dissipated...it works in some areas)