Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alpha752

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2011
I was just browsing around ifixit and looking at batteries. I have a rev b (late 2008) MBA, and my biggest concern is the battery. Its got several hundread cycles on it already and coconutbattery shows its at 92% from new. Plus it only lasts 2 hours.

It looks like the batteries on the rev c (2009) are higher rated and the same size/shape. I didnt see the battery in the new ones, but its rated even higher still. Im not opposed to opening up my air. Would one of these higher capacity batteries from a newer model fit and work in my older mba? Id love to see 5 hours of battery time.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I was just browsing around ifixit and looking at batteries. I have a rev b (late 2008) MBA, and my biggest concern is the battery. Its got several hundread cycles on it already and coconutbattery shows its at 92% from new. Plus it only lasts 2 hours.
Have you properly calibrated it, to make sure your readings are accurate?

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
If it's the same physical size, same connector and same voltage I don't see why it wouldn't work. Essentially if the only difference is improved battery chemistry which allows for more capacity, you should be fine.

You will want to make sure there are no other changes that would prevent you from using it. Hopefully someone on here has done a similar upgrade and can chime in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.