upgrade/carrier name/cydia help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by dvrmstrng, Feb 9, 2010.

1. dvrmstrng macrumors 6502

i just realized i upgraded to 3.1.3 while NO longer jailbroken but with my custom carrier name. I want to jailbreak and fix the carrier back to the original (AT&T) i believe and take it from there. What are my options?

Thanks

2. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

Bump. Need advice because I think I have a faulty ear piece

3. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

you can do a restore. set it up as new, because if you have a 3gs, you cant jailbreak or downgrade. setting it up as new will make it so you have your warranty 100% back on there, because if you restore from a backup, your iphoen could contain crash logs, and then if a genius plugs it in, goes into xcode organizer, and looks at your phone's crash logs and sees a cydia crashlog, then your warranty is voided.

4. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

I believe I did a restore when going from jailbroken back to normal but the carrier stayed as it was with make it mine. If I restore will iTunes make a backup of all my info and whatnot?

5. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

uh oh. ive heard bad things about makeitmine, like that if you make a custom carrier name, it doesnt revert back.

6. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

Well if I could jb, which I know I can't, I could just change it to AT&T. Is there's someway to change some type of command line. I thought I read an article on that somewhere but it seemed confusing.

7. dvrmstrng thread starter macrumors 6502

8. apple.fiend macrumors member

I think your out of luck seeing as 3.1.3 is un-jailbreakable and jailbreak is pretty much the only way to do this kind of customization. :(

9. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Restore again choose set up as new so jailbreak gremlins don't come back.

That is if you are turning it in to the Genius Bar.

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

11. natman97 macrumors newbie

natman97

Restore, if your a 3G or lower, your in luck, jailbreak with the new redsn0w, if there are still Carrier problems use MakeItMine