Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emachine87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
What does this mean exactly?!

"A full discount on a standard handset or iPhone upgrade is not available at this time but you may qualify on 06/25/2011. We can offer you a discounted iPhone upgrade at a higher price with a 2-yr commitment and an $18 upgrade fee. Please visit a participating iPhone sales location for pricing on this offer."

Last time I checked I was eligible for a full discount lol anyone else have this message from AT&T?

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
It means on 6/25/11 you are qualified to buy with a full discount price which is $199 or $299 for a 16GB iPhone 4 or 32 GB iPhone 4 (assuming you're buying an iPhone 4, that will also include a 2yr contract and $18 upgrade fee on your bill) else you would pay $200 more if you were to buy it before 6/25/11.

emachine87

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I got my iPhone 4 16gb on launch day with the full discounted price of $200 with two year contract (initially my upgrade was due in November but like everybody else Att pushed that date up) I'm confused with the wording they use in that message, wouldn't "higher price" mean that it's the early upgrade price of $400?

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I got my iPhone 4 16gb on launch day with the full discounted price of $200 with two year contract (initially my upgrade was due in November but like everybody else Att pushed that date up) I'm confused with the wording they use in that message, wouldn't "higher price" mean that it's the early upgrade price of $400?

They really need to add the words "at this time" to that message. They mean that if you need a new phone NAU, they'll charge you more (but still less than full retail) in exchange for two more years of servitude.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.