upgrade confusion

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 1rottenapple, Oct 8, 2011.

1. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Ok so about a 11 months ago, i bought 1 32gb iphone 4, and 2 16gb iphone 4s.

Now I may try to buy the new 4s, hopefully one 32gb iphone 4s and a 16gb iphone 4s, but when I tried the apple website, it states I am eligible for the normal price of 299 for the 32gb iphone 4s, but the 16gb 4s is $450? Anyone know why at&t/apple have this and when will I be able to buy two 4s at the normal price?

edit: nvw. Still i dont know why my account is elible for a 4s, but my other accounts have to wait till june 2012?

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

Sounds like you are on a FamilyTalk plan. It also appears that your iPhone 4 32 GB is the primary line. That would explain why it is eligible for the full discount pricing.

Each line has an individual contract and each line get's a individual eligible update date. Your base FamilyTalk rate plan includes the primary line and your first add-a-line at 9.99. So if you were on the 2100 minute plan the primary line would be $80 and both of your add-a-lines would be $9.99. Since they have a lower value then the upgrade eligible date is further out.

Just call *639# and AT&T will send you text message with the upgrade date for that phone number.

You can also do this on the AT&T web site or Apple.com on the Check eligibility link on this page: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone

Dave

3. 1rottenapple thread starter macrumors 65816