Upgrade Discount....???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mcc2008, Feb 5, 2008.

1. mcc2008 macrumors newbie

I recently bought a iphone and was wondering if you think apple will do some kind of deal that would allow previous iphone users to recieve a discount for purchasing the newly anticipated 3G iphone model???
    If not how much do you think this new model will cost??

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

it isn't a 3G model, only space update.

and if you bought it within the last 2 weeks, you could return it, and get the new one, plus the additional cost of the new one. not sure if there is a 10% restocking fee though, but im sure there is.

3. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

highly doubtful in my opinion...would be nice, but not likely

technology is like that...if you keep waiting for the "highly anticipated" item, you will always be waiting-- there will always be something new coming out

if discounts were given for every upgrade, how would they make their money?

4. mcc2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

sorry... I know about the space update... there has been many rumors that this summer a 3G model will be released... Could there be a discount for previous iphone owners to upgrade to this 3G model????

5. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

no.... it would be at least a year since the first people starting buying their iPhones...

6. hexonxonx macrumors 601

Don't ever count on an upgrade discount. You don't get one when you buy the latest Apple computer so you won't be getting one when a version 2 iPhone ever comes out. You either buy it or you don't.