Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alphakilo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
Just got the new unibody MBP 17 and the router and now that it's been about a month, should I pickup the DLink 825? This router runs at 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneously and just wondering if the performance would be better considering, from what I've read, the MacBook Pro runs at 5 Ghz "N" also.

Anybody know IF the MBP runs at 5 GHz "N" spec? Details?

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Just got the new unibody MBP 17 and the router and now that it's been about a month, should I pickup the DLink 825? This router runs at 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneously and just wondering if the performance would be better considering, from what I've read, the MacBook Pro runs at 5 Ghz "N" also.

Anybody know IF the MBP runs at 5 GHz "N" spec? Details?

It does but since N is still draft spec it's usually best to stay with a product using the same chipset. I'm not sure what that DLink uses.

Also there isn't that much practical value with N except on a LAN or something with file transfer.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
i've been using DIR-655 for a year with Macbook Pro Unibody. it's great! the coverage is awesome. no regret buying this.

update: Oooppss sorry, i thought you were comparing which one to buy and you don't have any of the router yet. I think the DIR-655 suits just fine because it can run G and N all together as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.