Upgrade eligibility help!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KoNeko, Jun 14, 2010.

1. KoNeko macrumors member

Alright, well, I purchased a 3GS on launch date and recently sold it to get the iPhone 4. That sim card is currently being used in my old Samsung Blackjack and my upgrade status reports the following:

Now, my question. Does the six month early upgrade period still apply to me even though I'm currently using my sim in a Blackjack? I also, in my stupidity, switched back to the standard smartphone data plan, I no longer have the iPhone data plan. Even if that doesn't apply to me, can I still preorder at the $199 price since my eligibility date falls before the release of the iPhone 4?

Thanks.

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

All of the eligibility dates have been moved up. But if that message is from the past few days, that's the price you qualify for. Period :eek:

To clarify- that price being 399/499.

3. KoNeko thread starter macrumors member

Ugh :/ Does that mean I need to wait until the 20th to pre-order the phone?

4. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

That would be my guess, but wait until tomorrow and try to pre-order on Apple's site. It might be a mix up.

5. KoNeko thread starter macrumors member

Alright, thanks. When is usually the cut off date for having the phone arrive on the launch date?

I would just pre-order it at the AT&T store since I'm sure they'd work it out, but there's that rumor of them not getting the white model in stock right away.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Last year the cutoff was 3 days before launch.

7. keenan wolf macrumors 6502

keenan wolf

no they will move the date up for you since you wont actually sign the contract until the 24th so your good. id go into an AT&T store just to make sure though