Upgrade Eligibility Question,

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TylerSmash, Jun 4, 2010.

1. TylerSmash macrumors newbie

How exactly does their system of eligibility work.? Yes, I am aware I can log into the website and see, but that doesn't explain the system to me.
    I bought the 3G when it was released in July for the discounted price of $300. When I bought the 3GS I paid the price of $500 for the 32 gig when it was released last June. Was that the price of the phone without any discount.?
    Since I didn't get a discount on the 3GS, shouldn't I get the full discount on the new one.?

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

There are plenty of threads that talk about how the upgrade eligibility works.

$500 was the early upgrade price, so yes you did get a discount. Full retail prices are $599 & $699.

3. TylerSmash thread starter macrumors newbie

While there are threads about eligibility, none of them asked the questions I asked. They are mostly random whining, or asking how to cheat and cancel their contract. ^^

So when you get the early upgrade price, does that reset the time you have to wait to get a full discount.? And how long must one wait to get the early upgrade option again.?

4. elephunkman macrumors 65816

It really depends on a number of factors, such as how much you pay on your bill, your payment history, features on your account, etc. Usually, the higher bills receive an upgrade every 12 months and the normal upgrade cycle is every 18 months. Late payments get their upgrade date pushed back too.

5. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

Those very threads cover your eligibility question, you just need to read.

Yes your upgraded eligibility for a fully discounted handset is reset to two years.