Upgrade eligibility reset with AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 808geek, Sep 26, 2015.

1. 808geek macrumors member

Does anyone know how long it takes to unlock your upgrade eligibility once you cancel your online order with Apple? I want to reserve one in-store to pick up later on today, but afraid it'll take a while for my upgrade eligibility to reset once I cancel my online order.

2. 808geek thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone canceled their order and know how long it takes for your eligibility to reset?

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I can't speak for this year but last year I placed an order online to use AT&T Next but I had to wait 2-3 weeks as I missed to pre-order. Decided to stand in line on launch day for the 6 Plus and once I placed a reservation, I then went to my order status and canceled the one I placed online and immediately got my eligibility for Next back instantaneous. I'd check your AT&T account and look at the status. If it hasn't, I'd say contact your AT&T CS and see if they can manually override it.

Speaking of that, I'm pretty sure there is an AT&T tech at the apple store. I just saw one today for those who are having issues.

4. 808geek thread starter macrumors member

Actually I just canceled my order with Apple and within a few minutes my upgrade eligibility was reset. I logged in and checked with AT&T and it shows all clear. I checked with Apple and I can buy a phone using an upgrade with the AT&T Next program. So I should be good to go when I pick up my phone in-store at 10:30am.

I'm pretty excited for the new phone! Although some people have been reporting problems with the new iOS 9 software. I've been having those problems with my work phone which is a 6 but not my personal phone which is a 6 plus. Kind of weird. We'll see what happens with the 6s plus.

Thanks guys!