Upgrade Eligible AFTER June 24th but before 2011

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saccento, Jun 8, 2010.

1. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

So I'm upgrade eligible in 7/14 but ATT/Apple stated anyone who's upgrade eligible or contract expires in 2010 is immediately available to get the iPhone 4 on release date.

Is anyone else in this time frame?
    If so when you dial *693# what does it say?
    Because mine just says upgrade eligible on 7/14, but not like some others I've seen where it says we can offer you an upgrade with a 2 year contract blah blah..

2. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Says different things for different people --but the general consensus is, if you are upgrade eligible at anytime of 2010, you can upgrade to the iPhone 4.

3. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Right, I just want to be sure I get the correct pricing since I'm within the contract expiration date. Even though I'm due an upgrade in July 14th, I still want to get it on release date because I'm using this awful Nokia

4. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

I really don't think AT&T knows what they are doing. You talk to different people and they say different things, I know it's new but it should be straight forward.

5. spyda macrumors 6502a

spyda

Yeah, I guess by next week once pre-ordering becomes available the correct pricing will reflect everyone's account.

6. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

Just curious to see what others are getting when they dial it. Maybe because I'm currently not using an iPhone, I have no idea.

7. whateverandever macrumors 6502a

Mine shows 12/27/2010 when I dial the number (and check online). I emailed customer service and they said that I'd be eligible for an iPhone 4 upgrade at the full discount (and ONLY an iPhone 4, not a different phone).

Not sure why they went with upgrading a ton of people to global upgrade eligibility and neglected some others, but we'll know for sure next Tuesday.

8. zizo79 macrumors 6502a

zizo79

The funny thing is that my wife's line says that she will upgrade eligible on 02/10/11 but when I checked the iPhone prices she has full discount so you may want to check your account...

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Because they are not done updating everyone. People need to be patient.

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

only current iPhone users with an upgrade date between now and the end of 2010 can upgrade now, but only to the iPhone 4.

example: if your current phone is a RAZR and your contract expires in October, you must wait until October before you can upgrade to the new iPhone at the discounted $199/$299 price.

If your current phone is an Original iPhone or iPhone 3G with an upgrade date ending in the next six months, you can upgrade now to the new iPhone 4 only. unless your contract has already expired, than you are free to choose any phone you'd like.

If your Current phone is an iPhone 3GS, you more likely signed a 2 year contract and now must wait until 2011 to upgrade.

11. CJayC macrumors 6502

For the TLDR people: If your contract expires in June, July, August, September, October, November or December of 2010 you can upgrade to an iPhone 4 as soon as LAUNCH DAY.

saving107, your example makes no sense and is WRONG, by the way.

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

let me try again,

-If you currently own an iPhone and your contract expires this year (in the next 6 months), you qualify for an upgrade now at $199/$299, but you can only upgrade if you'll be getting an iPhone 4/ 3GS (no other phone).

Also, if your currently not an iPhone user and your contract expires some time this year, you must wait until that date to qualify for the $199/$299 price for iPhone 4. but you have the option for an early upgrade at $200 more ($399/$499)

-iPhone 3GS owners signed a 24 month contract with AT&T and so must wait until 2011 to qualify for the $199/$299 price, but you have the option for an early upgrade at $200 more ($399/$499)

13. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

I upgraded to a 3GS last July and my upgrade is Dec 2010 im using a blackberry now though, could i put my sim in my old iphone (sold it to nephew) and upgrade like that?

14. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

some people on this forum said that this might work, but I've never tried it myself to know for sure. AT&Ts press release said current iPhone owners can upgrade, so i'd imaging that all you would need to do is get a hold of an iPhone, put in your sim card and call AT&T to add the data plan to your account to make you a current iPhone user.

it wouldn't hurt to try.

15. saccento thread starter macrumors 6502a

saccento

I have the iPhone data plan still on my account, just currently not using the phone because i sold it. AT&T said the IMEI number is still linked to my account, so hopefully I'm considered an "iPhone user' at the moment.