I'd like to buy a Thunderbay IV external drive/enclosure from OWC. However, I plan to upgrade to the new iMac when it comes out, and I also plan to buy a new Macbook Pro this fall when it comes out (if rumors are true). My understanding—correct me if I'm wrong—is that both will have Thunderbolt 3? If so, I imagine OWC will be coming out with a Thunderbolt IV that supports TB3. I'm wondering whether I should wait for this, or just get the Thunderbolt 2 version now. My primary use of this external drive will be to store older photos that I'm not actively working on, and backup. Newer photos that I am still processing/editing are stored on a very fast LaCie Little Big Disk. Given this, I imagine that TB2 is plenty fast and waiting for TB3 doesn't make much sense? I guess if I was editing photos/video regularly from this external drive TB3 might give me some meaningful speed gains, but for backup and only occasional photo editing TB2 would not be a limiting factor, right?